The staff of Father Muller College of Nursing have won second prize in the group singing competition held by the institution for the staff of Father Muller Charitable Institutions on 8th March 2010 afternoon in the Academy hall
Congratulations for the winners. “JAI HO!!”
The following staff of college of nursing has presented scientific papers at a national level conference on Evidence Based Practice and Research organized by K.L.E University, Belgaum, Karnataka on 5th and 6th March 2010.
· Miss. Seema. S. Chavan ( Department of Pediatric Nursing) on “A comparative study to determine the effectiveness of topical breast milk application and natural method(dry care) in umbilical cord drying in newborn of a selected hospital at Mangalore”.
· Mr. Tilak Joshi (Department of Community Health Nursing) on “A study on the health status of pre-school children attending anganwadi of selected rural communities of Mangalore”.
· Mrs. Sucy George (Department of Nursing Foundations) on “ Effectiveness of planned yoga programme in reduction of B.P among hypertensive adult patients in selected hospitals of Mangalore”.
· Mrs. Maria Roshini Lasrado (Department of Nursing Foundations ) on “A study to identify the micro-organisms in the intravenous cannula tip used in children and to find the occurance of inflammatory reactions at cannula site in relation to factors of intravenous therapy”.
The following lecturers of Father Muller College of Nursing have participated and presented scientific papers at the international conference on “Complementary and alternative therapies” organized by Apollo College of Nursing, Chennai, on 10th and 11th of December 2009.
· Sr. Josmin, (Department of Medical Surgical Nursing) – Effectiveness of Jacobson’s Progressive muscle relaxation on blood pressure and health related stress level among patients with hypertension in a selected hospital of Mangalore.
· Mrs. Vasantha (Department of Medical Surgical Nursing) – Effectiveness of Guided Imagery on intensity of pain and quality of life among patients with cancer in selected hospitals at Mangalore
· Sr. Dhanya (Department of Psychiatric Nursing) – Effect of mindfulness medication on the quality of life of alcoholics in selected de-addiction centre at Mangalore
· Mrs. Binsha Pappachan C. (Department of Psychiatric Nursing) – A study to assess the effect of acupressure and music therapy in reduction of fatigue and depression in patients with End-Stage Renal Disease in selected hospitals at Mangalore.
As part of competition on BEST ACTION PLAN on the occasion of World AIDS day observation 2009 organized by Sahyadri Institute of Health Sciences, Mangalore, in collaboration with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore,on 1st December 2009, Mrs. Leena. K.C. Associate Professor and Mr. Jyothilal.P. Lecturer, Department of community health nursing, Father Muller College of Nursing, have shared the first prize for the best action plan.
Congratulations for both of them!!
Mrs Leena. K. C, Associate Professor, Mr. Jyothilal, Lecturer, Mr. Tilak joshi, Lecturer, Father Muller College Of Nursing have attended a National Seminar on “Evidence based and integrated medicine for filariasis, other chronic dermatoses and HIV/ AIDS” on 29th November to 1st December 2009 collaboratively organized by The Institute of Applied Dermatology, Kasaragod, Kerala and International Skin Care Nursing Group, Bournemouth University, UK.
Mr. Jyothilal presented a paper entitled, “A study to assess the level of knowledge and risk behaviors towards HIV/ AIDS among the drivers of Mangalore city and Mrs. Leena. K.C. chaired a session on “Nursing care in HIV/ AIDS and tuberculosis” at the seminar.
Sr Mariamma Mathew (Rigy Mathew), Lecturer, Department of nursing education, Father Muller College of Nursing, has presented a paper on “Effectiveness of workbook as a process of patient assessment by nursing students in a selected psychiatric inpatient department at Mangalore”. In the 13th NRSI conference held at CMC Vellore on 12 and 13th November 2009.
Joseph George lecturer, department of psychiatric nursing , Father Muller College of Nursing, Mangalore has presented a paper titled ‘ A study to assess the perception of health and non-health workers towards human rights of person with mental illness in a selected hospital at Mangalore, in an International Conference of Indian Society for Psychiatric Nurses on 11-10-2009 at NIMHANS, Bangalore.
Principal Father Muller College of Nursing Rev Sr Jacintha D’Souza M.Phil (N) has authored a very useful and much needed book for the nursing community of the present time, DICTIONARY FOR NURSES, which will be released on the Health exhibition day on 6th November 2009 at Father Muller Charitable Institutions .
Mrs.Prema D’Souza, P.G Co-ordinator
· Attended Research Methodology in Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
· Attended the Qualitative Research in Manipal College of Nursing
· Attended the International Conference “Indo-US Emergency Medicine” in A.J. Shetty Institute of Health Sciences, Mangalore.
Mrs.Chanu Bhattacharya, Professor
· Attended 7th ISPN Conference in Cochin,Kerala on 9th February 2008
· Presented paper in ADMICON-2008 on staff nurses problems in caring individual with HIV/AIDS on 10th February 2008
· Conducted sessions on HIV/AIDS counseling by the staff nurses in Manipal College of Nursing, Mangalore on 20th August 2008
· Attended one day workshop on “Introduction Of Helinet” Conducted by RGUHS,Bangalore in September 2008
· Presented a talk on “Know your Adolescent” on Mental Health Day Workshop conducted in B.G.S Education center,Kavoor,Mangalore Organized by Laxmi Memorial College of Nursing, Mangalore on 14th October 2008
· Attended one day Workshop on“Qualitative Research”in Manipal College of Nursing Mangalore on 22nd October 2008
· Attended NRSI-2008 Conference at Manipal College of Nursing on “Action Research” on 17th &18th November 2008
Sr.Aileen Mathias, Asso.Professor
· Presented a paper on “Evidenced Based Practice Relevance in OBG” at a National Conference in Dr.M.V.Shetty Institute of Health Sciences on 7th January 2008
· Presented a paper on “Time Management” during the National Conference at Laxmi Memorial College of Nursing on 1st&2nd February 2008
· Presented a paper on “Integrating Basic Health Sciences to Clinical Practice”, at a National Conference in Manipal University of College of Nursing on 6th&7th March 2008
Mrs.Irene Dias, Asso.Professor
· Attended Conference at CMC Vellore on Community Health Nursing-leadership development.
Mrs.Leena K.C, Asso.Professor
· Conducted HIV/AIDS training programme for nurses in Manipal College of Nursing, Mangalore in July and September 2008
· Resource person on “Evidence Based Nursing Practice” at a workshop in Alva’s College of Nursing, Moodbidri.
Mrs.Agnes E.J, Asso.Professor
· Attended the workshop “Evidence Based Nursing Practice” Conducted by NITTE College of Nursing, Mangalore on 1st & 2nd September 2008.
Sr.Jacintha D'Souza, Principal
– NAAC assessment peer team member
– UGC team member
– INC and RGUHS inspection team member
Presented a paper on Infection Control and Communicable Diseases at State level conference on Disaster Preparedness & Management organized by Canara College of Nursing, Kundapur.
Presented a guest lecture on Application of Community Health Nursing Process at a National Conference on Innovative Applications of Nursing Process at Sahyadri College of Nursing, Mangalore.
Organizing chairperson of National Conference on Application of Biostatistics in Research and moderator for 2 sessions by Father Muller College of Nursing.
Resource person for a panel discussion for a state level workshop on Emerging And Reemerging Infectious Disease: Nursing Perspectives organized by Yenepoya College of Nursing, Mangalore.
Mrs. Prema D’ Souza, Professor, was designated as Vice Principal and PG programme Co-coordinator of College of Nursing on 15th September, 2007.
Sr. Aileen Mathias, Asst. Professor
Presented a guest lecture on Diabetes at a National Conference on Diabetes an Integrated Approach organized by City College of Nursing, Mangalore.
Presented a paper on Nutritional Care in Acute Infections at a state level workshop on Emerging & Reemerging Infectious Disease, Nursing Perspectives, organized by Yenepoya College of Nursing, Mangalore.
Mrs. Prema D’Souza, P.G Co-ordinator
Attended a workshop on relationship management between employer and employee and its legal implications at Father Muller Medical College.Mrs. Chanu Bhattacharya, Professor
Attended a National conference at Laxmi Memorial College of Nursing on ‘Em-Care’ (emergency care nursing).
A workshop on Research methodology and evidence based practice by WHO and Indian Nursing Council, RGUHS