Father Muller Allied Health sciences introduced the MHA programme in the year 1996. It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences; Bangalore.This department provides training to the graduates in Hospital Administration sector giving the postugraduate degree of Master in Hospital administration once they complete the training. The course develops general managerial skills and also exposes them to clinical aspect of hospital. Apart from professionalism, the institute strongly emphasizes the strong cultural and religious values that Father Muller Medical College has always been known for. A strong sense of discipline, competetiveness and ambition is instituted in students which help them to lead the walk of life.
Vision of the Department:
To be one of the leading hospital administration institutes providing high quality and challenging courses and research to form administrators committed to excellence.
Mission of the Department:
Academic excellence and leadership in Hospital Management education in India through high quality teaching, research, innovative programs and holistic learning.
Scope of the programme
Health care sector is one of the fast growing and promising sectors today. The advances in science and technology have made in impact on all fields; health care being not an exception. To manage the competetive hospital set up and exceeding ever increasing customer expectations, professionally trained competetive managers are the need of the day. The institiution aims at producing professionals who can ensure quality, optimization and better productivity in the delivery of healthcare services. Not only in hospitals, the postgraduates are also required in the following sectors:
Health insurance companies
Third party administrators
IT firms dealing with HIS
Special features of the institution
- State of art facilities with access to one of the largest libraries
- Daily inhouse Hospital postings acquainting students in health care practices
- Frequent visits to various Corporate and Government hospitals.
- Emphasis on research in the field of Health & Hospital Management
- Appointment as Trainee Administrators in various departments of the hospital.
- One month External Hospital Training in various other hospitals.
- Bachelors or masters in any discipline (healthcare preferable)
- Contact Father Muller Medical College Office for fees details.
- 2 years (4 semesters) commencing in October of every year.
Guest Lecture,Events & Celebrations Conducted for the Year 2014-15 by MHA